Experienced Network Engineer required for an MSP Environment (Hybrid / Flexible Working Arrangements Available, Full Time / Part Time)
This position is ideally suited to someone who has worked in a managed service provider (MSP) environment, who appreciates the position involves the ongoing support of many varied corporate clients locally and interstate. This position is offered as either Part Time or Full Time, with flexible working arrangements.
We are a dynamic and customer-focused IT company looking to add a member to our existing team, to cater to the growing demand for our services due to our increased focus on delivering cyber security solutions and secure WFH arrangements. We have been supporting clients across a wide range of industries including Public Infrastructure, Property Construction, Medical / Dental, Real Estate, Accounting and Finance and Food Production for the past 22 years, and have a dedicated team of 7 staff across the Gold Coast and Brisbane.
The ideal candidate for this role has 5+ years in managing corporate Windows Network environments, is self-motivated and takes pride in the results of their own work.
You should possess a strong ability to stay accountable, and be confident in managing your workload, schedule and documentation through our ticketing system. You have experience in presenting new ideas to customers, balancing providing cost-effective solutions whilst still driving new opportunities, and be interested in attending professional training and development workshops as new technologies emerge. If this sounds like you, please read on.
About the Job
Suitable candidates will need to demonstrate a high-level skillset in the following areas:
- Maintaining Client/Server Network environments (AD, DHCP, DNS, GPO, etc)
- Server technologies and virtualisation
- Exchange and an understanding of mail flow and troubleshooting email issues
- Excellent working knowledge of the Office 365 ecosystem and other cloud-based collaboration and productivity solutions (e.g. Google Workspace, DropBox etc.)
- Powershell Scripting for Windows and Office 365
- Remote Desktop Services and VPNs
- Network technologies (managed switches, routers, wifi, etc)
- Desktop/End User support (Windows, Office, and other common apps)
- Corporate Backup & DR
- Corporate Antivirus/Virus Removal
- Providing proactive recommendations to client’s for improving their current systems and cyber security
- Design and development of SharePoint sites (desirable / not mandatory)
The position will provide an interesting blend of work, as your time will be divided between on-site jobs, remote support from our office, manning the helpdesk and logging tickets to dispatch jobs to other team members in the field. You may also be asked to lead or participate in new server installations, upgrades and migrations, with occasional after hours work which will be remunerated.
- Flexible work days: Choose how many days you work – The job will require a minimum of 3 set days per week, but is available for up to 5 (a full work week).
- Choose where you work: Split your work between the office, on-site and remotely from home (minimum 1 or 2 days per week required in the office depending on work classification i.e. part time vs full time).
- Paid overtime – occasionally our large-scale clients require after-hours support to be provided either on-site or remotely from home, which is completely remunerated.
- Motor Vehicle Reimbursement scheme provided for use of personal car to attend on-site jobs.
Please do not apply unless you meet the following criteria:
- Have had at least 5 years of IT experience in supporting Corporate Client/Server environments
- Have a current driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle
- Live on the Gold Coast
- Are an Australian resident and unrestricted working rights
How to Apply
If this roles excites you, please email your resume with a covering letter to [email protected]